- Courtroom 1
- Courtroom 2
Courtroom I is located in AV-34 (Aviation Building 34), and is a single-defendant courtroom capable of trying a capital case. This courtroom can be used for trials where information is at the classification level of Secret or below.
The decorum and integrity of the commissions and the security of the facilities and individuals attending commission proceedings are taken seriously. Those attending are asked to follow the below guidance, all promulgated rules, and the instructions of security personnel at all times.
The security of all our facilities is taken very seriously. Follow the instructions of security personnel at all times and treat them with respect. If they cause you any inconvenience, they are following their orders. Please review the following information on items allowed and prohibited.
- GALLERY: The following items are permitted into the gallery:
- Any paper tablet/notepad/binder and any writing instruments which do not have electronic recording or transmitting capabilities.
- The single approved sketch artist is allowed to bring their own materials into the gallery
- Water in clear bottles
- No other items are permitted in the courtroom gallery.
- COURT ROOM WELL (the area occupied by legal staff):
The following items are permitted into CR2 wells ONLY:
- Active Court Participants may bring in screened bags/briefcases
- Folders containing papers-NO PAPER CLIPS OR STAPLES, ONLY CLAM CLIPS OR METAL BINDER CLIPS
- Cardboard accordion folders containing papers- NO PAPER CLIPS OR STAPLES
- Plastic non-metal binders containing papers or documents
- DIA approved classified courier bag-must have a current courier card
- Pens, highlighters, markers may be carried only by the active courtroom participants
- Compact discs of any type (i.e. CD or DVD) must be on approved SSO media or a commercially produced CD/DVD(movie/music)
COURTROOM 2 - Prohibited Items
The following items are prohibited from being brought into any part of CR2 (gallery or well) without approval from the ELC SSO:
- Personally owned electronic devices of any kind (i.e. Black Berry), photographic, video, audio recording equipment or any cell phone
- Personally owned computers and associated media
- Thumb drives, Flash drives or any other storage media
- MP3 players of any type, tablet PC’s, electronic readers (Kindle/E-book, etc)
- Compact discs of any type (i.e. CD or DVD)-must be approved by OMC SSO
- Any transmitting device (including key FOBs)
- Test measurement and diagnostic equipment of any type
- Any other objects containing active or passive electronic circuits or cam/spinets
- Metal ring binders of any size
- Bags or briefcases
- Food or beverages (Water is supplied)
- Weapons of any type (i.e. Gerber multi-tool)
- Other items as designated by the ELC SSO